DON’T SWALLOW UP YOUR NHS
BUY OVER THE COUNTER FOR PENNIES INSTEAD
There are a wide range of prescription items, just as effective, that are available at your local chemist or supermarket at a cheaper cost to the NHS than it is for your doctor to prescribe. These types of items include:
- Painkillers (small quantities of paracetamol and ibuprofen) • Cough and cold remedies
- Antihistamines (used to treat allergic health conditions) • Nasal Sprays
- Indigestion remedies • Dandruff remedies
- Head lice remedies • Haemorrhoids (piles) medication
- Teething remedies
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
If you are taking long-term medication you may order repeat prescriptions via:
- Our website www.beverleyhealthcentre.nhs.uk. This is our preferred method. You will need a username and password to access our online repeat prescription system via the link above. For security reasons this can only be done in person at our reception desk, you need to bring in photo ID to obtain a password for the online service for verification purposes.
- handing in the order slip attached to your repeat prescription
- telephone 01482 862733 (option 2). Dispensing Staff are available between 10am and 4.30pm, WE ARE EXPERIENCING A HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS IT MAY TAKE LONGER TO GET THROUGH DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
- self addressed envelope
Your prescription will be ready to collect after two full working days.
This practice has a dispensary and provides a dispensing service to all patients living in the surrounding villages as well as all temporary residents.
Medication needs re-authorising every 12 months, if you are unable to re-order your medication please call the surgery as an appointment is usually not needed to re-authorise.
All unused medication should be returned to the Pharmacy it was dispensed from.